Quantcast
Greetings from Manchester!
You are using an outdated browser. For a faster, safer browsing experience, upgrade for free today.
Anuncios M
20 Respostas
33134 Visualizações
rossobianchi Iniciados
« em: 01 de Setembro de 2012, 21:58 »
Hi!

I hope you don't mind me joining your forum to talk about the Champions League games coming up. I'll be travelling over to Braga with Manchester United FC when we play each other on November 7. Last year I went to Lisbon with United and loved it so when a chance to return to Portugal came up I decided to come back again! From what I've seen from reading travel guides, Braga looks like a nice place to visit so I'm excited to come over.

Does anybody know how many tickets you think United will get? I believe that Braga will get around 3,500 tickets at around €55 each when you come here, based on what we normally give away fans.

If any of you on here are travelling over to Manchester for the game at Old Trafford and want to know anything about our town, stadium etc just post any questions you have and I'll answer them as best I can. 

Let's hope for a friendly atmosphere in both cities and a couple of good games of European Cup football!  ;D
rvx Equipa Principal
  Re: Greetings from Manchester!
« Responder #1 em: 02 de Setembro de 2012, 10:33 »
Hi!

I hope you don't mind me joining your forum to talk about the Champions League games coming up. I'll be travelling over to Braga with Manchester United FC when we play each other on November 7. Last year I went to Lisbon with United and loved it so when a chance to return to Portugal came up I decided to come back again! From what I've seen from reading travel guides, Braga looks like a nice place to visit so I'm excited to come over.

Does anybody know how many tickets you think United will get? I believe that Braga will get around 3,500 tickets at around €55 each when you come here, based on what we normally give away fans.

If any of you on here are travelling over to Manchester for the game at Old Trafford and want to know anything about our town, stadium etc just post any questions you have and I'll answer them as best I can. 

Let's hope for a friendly atmosphere in both cities and a couple of good games of European Cup football!  ;D

Welcome,

I hope you enjoy your stay at Braga. I'm not a turist guide to tell you much about this city, but I can say that it was originally a Roman city called Bracara Augusta and because of that it still has a few Roman ruins left. However, the most interesting aspect of this city perhaps is its Baroque style. Regarding the number of tickets, I think you will get at least 2500 tickets, but if the demand is much higher, then your club may be provided with more tickets. I know that Tottenham got around 4k when they last came here.

I and a few more people will travel from Porto to London Stansted arriving at 9 AM. Then, we will catch the train at 10h30 (virgintrains) and hopefully will get to Manchester Picadilly at 2h15 PM. Any advice regarding transportation within Manchester or from Stansted to Manchester is welcomed.
« Última modificação: 02 de Setembro de 2012, 10:35 por RVX1921 »
Anuncios M
Anuncios M
eire1921
eire1921 Juvenis
« Responder #2 em: 02 de Setembro de 2012, 11:40 »
Hi!

Hi there.

Hope you have a nice time in Braga. The atmosphere is usually great and friendly here at Braga. Away fans tend to together downtown in a pedestreanised place called Arcada where there is an iconic big fountain. There are cafés (which serve beer), and plenty of places to eat food (restaurants, mcds, etc.).

People that come to visit my family usually stay in a place called 'Albergaria Bracara Augusta'. It is right in the centre and a really nice place. It isn't low cost by any means, but it is not a rip off either. There are, however, many other places to stay.

By the way, I have a couple of friends in Ireland who are ManU supporters and would like to come to the match. They are not members. Do you know how they could get tickets with ManU so that they could stay with the ManU fans in the stadium?

Thanks.
zevedder
zevedder Iniciados
« Responder #3 em: 02 de Setembro de 2012, 12:51 »
You should try the francesinha. You´ll never be the same again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesinha

ruipmorgado Iniciados
« Responder #4 em: 02 de Setembro de 2012, 16:43 »
Hi!

Hi there!

The atmosphere will be great and I know you'll love the stadium! We're very friendly with our guests and this time will be no exception.

Hope you enjoy your stay!
rossobianchi Iniciados
« Responder #5 em: 02 de Setembro de 2012, 22:08 »
Welcome,

I hope you enjoy your stay at Braga. I'm not a turist guide to tell you much about this city, but I can say that it was originally a Roman city called Bracara Augusta and because of that it still has a few Roman ruins left. However, the most interesting aspect of this city perhaps is its Baroque style. Regarding the number of tickets, I think you will get at least 2500 tickets, but if the demand is much higher, then your club may be provided with more tickets. I know that Tottenham got around 4k when they last came here.

I and a few more people will travel from Porto to London Stansted arriving at 9 AM. Then, we will catch the train at 10h30 (virgintrains) and hopefully will get to Manchester Picadilly at 2h15 PM. Any advice regarding transportation within Manchester or from Stansted to Manchester is welcomed.

Thanks

There are no direct trains from London Stansted airport through to Manchester. To get there you'll have to take a train from Stansted to Tottenham Hale station, then take the Underground to London Euston and from there its a 2 hour 30 minute non-stop journey to Piccadilly.

Once you get to Manchester you'll find the town is very busy as it's a working day, but there are hundreds of restaurants, pubs and bars in the city centre. If you or your friends are interested in English football at all there's a new National Football Museum that's just opened in town thats meant to be very interesting, I haven't had chance to go myself yet but I've heard its good.

Another thing, the pubs/bars around our stadium don't welcome away supporters in. It's a policy that they apply to everyone even though 99% of our visitors that come here on UEFA aways are friendly. Gates open at 7pm for the match, so there's no point leaving town until about 6:30.

Best way to get to the ground is to take the Metrolink (tram) from Picadilly, Picadilly Gardens, Market Street (shopping area), St Peters Square or Deansgate (where most of the clubs/bars are). It'll cost you £3 return (about €5) and takes about 15-20mins. You want to get on a tram which says Altrincham on the front. Jump off at the stop called Old Trafford, cross over the crossing then walk 10mins down the road and you'll see the stadium right there. If you get lost just come up and ask any of the United fans and they'll remind you how to get there!  ;D

Finally, Manchester is known locally as the city of rain, especially that time of the year. Just assume it'll be very wet when you decide what to wear to the game!!

Hope this helps.

Hi there.

Hope you have a nice time in Braga. The atmosphere is usually great and friendly here at Braga. Away fans tend to together downtown in a pedestreanised place called Arcada where there is an iconic big fountain. There are cafés (which serve beer), and plenty of places to eat food (restaurants, mcds, etc.).

People that come to visit my family usually stay in a place called 'Albergaria Bracara Augusta'. It is right in the centre and a really nice place. It isn't low cost by any means, but it is not a rip off either. There are, however, many other places to stay.

By the way, I have a couple of friends in Ireland who are ManU supporters and would like to come to the match. They are not members. Do you know how they could get tickets with ManU so that they could stay with the ManU fans in the stadium?

Thanks.

Cheers for the advice. I've already booked where I'm staying now, somewhere called Dom Vilas. Looked it up on Google maps and it seems to be close enough to the stadium.

For your friends to go with the club, tell them firstly they'd have to buy a membership for £32 from manutd.com. Then they can either apply in a random ballot for a ticket (not guaranteed to get one depending on allocation, how many apply etc) or they can book a package with Thomas Cook Sport that guarantees them a ticket. They'd have to fly from Ireland to Manchester the night before and stay over because the Thomas Cook flights leave from Manchester airport.

You should try the francesinha. You´ll never be the same again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesinha

That looks nice ... I've never tried it before, I will when I come over though!

Hi there!

The atmosphere will be great and I know you'll love the stadium! We're very friendly with our guests and this time will be no exception.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks. A lot of us coming over are looking forward to seeing the stadium, that giant cliff at the end looks cool. Never been to a ground like that before!
1 Equipa Principal
« Responder #6 em: 03 de Setembro de 2012, 15:14 »
Hello.

Just one advice for you.
Stay in Braga and not in Porto.

The party will be in Braga, not in any other city. In Braga you can drink with us, party with us, etc.

In Porto you will party alone  ::)
magico_scbraga
magico_scbraga Equipa Principal
« Responder #7 em: 03 de Setembro de 2012, 15:58 »
Hello.

In Braga, you might want to visit places like "Sé de Braga", "Ruinas da Cividade", "Bom Jesus".

Near Sé de Braga you will find a couple of caffes, such as Rossio, Studio 22 and others. Near "Ruinas da Cividade" you will find a caffe named "Culinatrum", which is also very interesting and has a nice view.

In what refers to "Bom Jesus", this is known as one of the most emblematic places of our city. I should say that this place is visited by a lot of tourists.

In the city centre ( "Praça da República), I suggest visiting historical caffes, such as " A Brasileira" , "Vianna" and "Astoria".

I hope you enjoy visiting our city. It might be a small town but it is closely related to the history of our country.

I also think you will be delighted to visit our stadium (the stadium which has been refered by President Obama  ;D ). I might say that "AXA Stadium" is our "theatre of dreams"  :)

Greetings from Braga!
Braga - Uma cidade, um clube, uma só paixão.
Anuncios M
Anuncios M
jaimec
« Responder #8 em: 06 de Setembro de 2012, 00:46 »
Welcome rossobianchi! We too are rossobianchi, red&white, vermelho e branco.

A little history : our jersey is inspired in your once london rivals of arsenalfc. We started ou wearing a uniform that resembled another portuguese team but in the 50's we decided to change. And that's that.
Let's be clear : we have no affiliation with them. In fact, we have already beat them once and it tasted real sweet .

It´s an honor, playing against Manchester United.
It will be a pleasure to visit your homefield and your city... if the troika allows it (inside joke)

That being said, I recomend you and your mates take a couple of days off to visit our city and surroundings.
From wonderful beaches and Natural Parks to nightlife to suit all tastes. Delicious food and wines are all around, you'll be amazed. Prices are great, comparing to your standards .
And I suggest you do it before the match. You might not be "in the mood" afterwards. Joking ... but "i have a dream".

Seriously, you'll find Braga to be a very hospitable city, and our fans are generally well behaved. I don't see any problems happening with travelling fans.

If you need any help, feel free to ask.
« Última modificação: 06 de Setembro de 2012, 00:54 por jaimec »
Kriticus
Kriticus Equipa Principal
  • #2210 - desde 14/08/1989
« Responder #9 em: 06 de Setembro de 2012, 19:44 »
Cheers for the advice. I've already booked where I'm staying now, somewhere called Dom Vilas. Looked it up on Google maps and it seems to be close enough to the stadium.

Please notice that Residencial Dom Vilas is very close to Estádio 1º de Maio (about 5 minutes walking), but the match will take place at Estádio Municipal de Braga (or its comercial naming: Estádio AXA). From Dom Vilas to city center you just have to go up Avenida da Liberdade and you get there (10-12 minutes walking). ;)
Bragaale
Bragaale Juvenis
« Responder #10 em: 12 de Setembro de 2012, 00:29 »
Hi everyone!

Is it possible to know the price of the tickets to the game in Manchester?  And when are they available to buy in Braga?

Anuncios G
rossobianchi Iniciados
« Responder #11 em: 21 de Setembro de 2012, 14:11 »
Hi everyone!

Is it possible to know the price of the tickets to the game in Manchester?  And when are they available to buy in Braga?

Braga will recieve around 3,800 tickets depending on demand, priced at £35 (€44) and £54 (€68) which are the standard non-members price for those sections at Old Trafford. United normally release tickets to the clubs three weeks before the day of the match so it should be next week or so.

Welcome rossobianchi! We too are rossobianchi, red&white, vermelho e branco.

A little history : our jersey is inspired in your once london rivals of arsenalfc. We started ou wearing a uniform that resembled another portuguese team but in the 50's we decided to change. And that's that.
Let's be clear : we have no affiliation with them. In fact, we have already beat them once and it tasted real sweet .

It´s an honor, playing against Manchester United.
It will be a pleasure to visit your homefield and your city... if the troika allows it (inside joke)

That being said, I recomend you and your mates take a couple of days off to visit our city and surroundings.
From wonderful beaches and Natural Parks to nightlife to suit all tastes. Delicious food and wines are all around, you'll be amazed. Prices are great, comparing to your standards .
And I suggest you do it before the match. You might not be "in the mood" afterwards. Joking ... but "i have a dream".

Seriously, you'll find Braga to be a very hospitable city, and our fans are generally well behaved. I don't see any problems happening with travelling fans.

If you need any help, feel free to ask.

Thanks. I remember the game when you played against Arsenal, I was watching it on TV here hoping you'd beat them!  ;D

I'll be in Braga for two nights and then flying back early on the morning after the game so hopefully in that time I'll have a chance to check out as much of the city as I can.

Please notice that Residencial Dom Vilas is very close to Estádio 1º de Maio (about 5 minutes walking), but the match will take place at Estádio Municipal de Braga (or its comercial naming: Estádio AXA). From Dom Vilas to city center you just have to go up Avenida da Liberdade and you get there (10-12 minutes walking). ;)

Thanks! Do you know anything about that hotel? I just picked somewhere fairly cheap so I hope it turns out alright.

Hello.

In Braga, you might want to visit places like "Sé de Braga", "Ruinas da Cividade", "Bom Jesus".

Near Sé de Braga you will find a couple of caffes, such as Rossio, Studio 22 and others. Near "Ruinas da Cividade" you will find a caffe named "Culinatrum", which is also very interesting and has a nice view.

In what refers to "Bom Jesus", this is known as one of the most emblematic places of our city. I should say that this place is visited by a lot of tourists.

In the city centre ( "Praça da República), I suggest visiting historical caffes, such as " A Brasileira" , "Vianna" and "Astoria".

I hope you enjoy visiting our city. It might be a small town but it is closely related to the history of our country.

I also think you will be delighted to visit our stadium (the stadium which has been refered by President Obama  ;D ). I might say that "AXA Stadium" is our "theatre of dreams"  :)

Greetings from Braga!

Cheers, I'll try to visit those places when I get there. Is it easy to get around Braga from one place to another with public transport? I like to get about and see as much as I can when I go places!

Only a month to go until we play at Old Trafford, United have a very tough trip to Cluj to get through first. Hopefully you'll pick up three points against Galatasaray to set up an interesting game at the Theatre of Dreams.  ;D ;D
SCB!
SCB! Equipa Reservas
« Responder #12 em: 21 de Setembro de 2012, 14:29 »

[/quote]

Thanks! Do you know anything about that hotel? I just picked somewhere fairly cheap so I hope it turns out alright.
[/quote]

it's a normal hotel, i saw on booking and i think you can choose a better alternative.

Truthostel for 55€ or Bragatruthotel for 70€ (2 days price) are very close to the main town square..1 minute on foot.

dom vilas 10/15 minutes
« Última modificação: 21 de Setembro de 2012, 14:36 por jp09 »
Arnie_Marta
Arnie_Marta Juniores
« Responder #13 em: 21 de Setembro de 2012, 14:36 »
The cheapest hotel in Braga I think is this:
http://www.axishoteis.com/en/Axis-Basic-Braga/Location.aspx

Is at the train station.
O meu nome é Arnaldo...
rossobianchi Iniciados
« Responder #14 em: 21 de Setembro de 2012, 15:04 »
Here's a little bit I came up with for those of you coming to Manchester.

Manchester United FC -Travel Guide

Manchester is the main city in the region of Greater Manchester, the third largest area in the UK. The town was first settled by the Romans almost 2,000 years ago and today is one of the brighest cities in Europe. It's a very friendly, but very busy, place and we have two main football teams. There's Manchester City, but nobody really likes them! Then of course, there's Manchester United.

With around 330 millions fans worldwide, United are often known as the world's biggest team although whether that's true or not is open to debate. United are in a record setting 19th straight season in the Champions League, and have won the trophy now three times (in 1968, 1999 and 2008). Domestically, United are the most successful team with 19 league titles and 11 FA Cups. Our coach, Sir Alex Ferguson, won his 100th Champions League game last night vs Galatasaray AS - no manager has ever won more.

Old Trafford, our home since February 1910, is the largest club stadium in Britain with an all-seater 75,957 capacity. According to UEFA rules we have to give at least 3,800 tickets to visiting teams if they require them. Ajax and Bilbao last year recieved a massive 6,000 tickets at their request. Tickets will usually be priced at €44 on the East side of the away section and €68 on the South side, although prices may vary.

Things to do in Manchester:

*Old Trafford Museum & Tour - The stadium has a large museum showcasing the history of the club, and a tour around Old Trafford showing everything behind the scenes at the ground. From almost going out of business, to the Munich Air Disaster to beating Benfica at Wembley, to the treble dream of 1999, all aspects of our history are covered in the museum. These are not open on the day of the match itself, but if you're around the day before or after check it out.

*National Football Museum - You can check out the history of English football at the new museum in the Urbis building to the north of the town centre. Take the Metrolink (tram) to Victoria and follow signs for Urbis. For more information visit www.nationalfootballmuseum.com

*Ship Canal Cruises - If you're looking for a way to pass the time check out the boats that tour the Mancunian waterways. Our city is very canal-filled, not to a ridiculous extent like Amsterdam but you will see lots of rivers and canals and water features around the place. Check out http://www.visitmanchester.com/articles/top-5s/top-5-waterways/ to see the top five recommended trips

*Arndale Centre - In a shopping mood? Leave plenty of room in your luggage for taking things back because Manchester is a big shopping city with hundreds of stores from cheap stuff to top end designer fashions and a lot of it can be found in and around the "Arndale", our own shopping mall right in the middle of town! There's a food court there too with loads of fast food restaurants.

*Printworks - This place is an old 19th century print works that has been turned into an entertainment complex full of places to eat, drink and party. There's a Nando's and a Hard Rock Cafe amongst others for food, a few bars which serve cocktails etc (one called Norweigan Blue which is a good one) and even an Odeon Cinema! In the streets around outside you'll find a couple of nightclubs open late, too.

*Canal Street - Predominantly known as the centre of the gay and lesbian community in Manchester, but it's a good night out for everybody else too! Very friendly atmosphere around the place, lots of late night clubs if you're in town all night after the game.

Pubs/Bars in town centre which will serve visiting fans:

*The Piccadilly - Right outside Picadilly Station on the approach road

*Circus Tavern - A small, cosy place on Portland Street near the Brittania Hotel. Not much room inside but it's a nice little old English pub

*Wetherspoons (Picadilly Gardens) - An enormous pub with a hundred or so tables selling bar food all day, welcomes both home and away fans and sells drinks at cheap prices

*Bar Rogue - Trendy style bar on Portland Street near the Coach Station, offers very cheap drinks early in the evening before fans head to the stadium

There's hundreds of bars in town that will welcome you in, it's only the pubs immediately around the stadium that won't allow away supporters in.

Places to eat:

*Bem Brasil - Brazilian buffet, very interesting eating experience! Well worth checking out

*Buffet City - Small Chinese all you can eat buffet on the corner of Picadilly station approach (London Road). Cheap, and lots of food!

*Red Hot World Buffet - Usually have to book this place but if you're around for a couple of days its worth checking out. All kinds of food from around the world, and as much of it as you can stuff yourself with!

*Chinatown - Lots and lots of Chinese, Korean and Japanese restaurants in the Oriental corner of town. Interesting place to walk through and get food at any time, but especially when it's all lit up at night.

There's lots of others too of course!

Getting to Old Trafford from town, and back:

There are a number of ways to get to the stadium from Manchester City Centre. It's about 15 minutes from town to the stadium in matchday traffic whichever route you choose to take.

*Train - Catch a train from Manchester Oxford Road station to Old Trafford. The train stop is outside the South Stand of the stadium, right near the away supporters section.

*Bus - Catch the 255, 256 or 263 bus routes from Picadilly Gardens and ask the driver for Manchester United. They stop on the corner of Chester Road and Warwick Road, about 100 metres walk from the front of the stadium. A day saver ticket for £3.80 return will get you there and back, and anywhere else you want to go all day by bus.

*Tram - The eaisest way to get there. Catch a tram with ALTRINCHAM on the front from Picadilly, Picadilly Gardens, Mosley Street, St Peters Square or Deansgate Castlefield in town and jump off at Old Trafford. Plenty of United fans on there will help you find the way if you get lost anyway.

*Taxi - It's about €13 in a cab from the centre of town to the top of the stadium road (named Sir Matt Busby Way).

And lastly, the football:

*Players to watch - summer signings Robin Van Persie and Shinji Kagawa are making a big impact at United, look for them to play a major role in the game assuming both start. The midfield pairing of Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick remains very strong in Europe, and new left back Alexander Buttner could start in place of Patrice Evra. Goalkeeper David De Gea is also a force to be reckoned with on his day, but he can make mistakes!

*Score prediction - United 2-1 Braga. Javier Hernández to come on and get a late winner. Sorry!
Kriticus
Kriticus Equipa Principal
  • #2210 - desde 14/08/1989
« Responder #15 em: 21 de Setembro de 2012, 15:16 »

Yes, it's a fairly good Hotel. It's not one of the best in town, it's small but very comfy, I trust you'll like it. Some danish and dutch fans stood there during the Euro 2004, and it got upgraded since then.
Karl
Karl Juniores
« Responder #16 em: 23 de Setembro de 2012, 08:18 »
Hi,

I'm Irish and Ive been living here 10 years. You are in for a treat with both the stadium and the town and especially the people. Being a foreigner I've been treated like one of the family since I arrived here.  Beer, food and stay is cheap. Probably up to 20-40% cheaper than Porto.

If you are coming to the game in Braga there's only one big choice to make. Whether to stay in Porto or Braga. Because of direct buses you can now get to Braga from the airport in under 50 minutes by bus for 8€ or 15 return. Anybody coming to stay will be treated well. There is rarely if never problems with away fans apart from an odd incident with an Eastern European club which comes with the territory. Every time fans come to the town there's a party athmosphere. Don't think twice about booking for Porto. You'll be making a big mistake with both the cash in your pocket and the opportunity to mix with home fans which is rare these days..

I think I made my point... Live the game, Live the city and come stay here!!! Forget Porto!!!
rossobianchi Iniciados
« Responder #17 em: 23 de Outubro de 2012, 14:51 »
Well today is the first of the two games, looking forward to another big European night at the Theatre of Dreams. United have sold about 70,000 for tonight's match I believe. Hope everyone travelling over from Braga is enjoying Manchester, I did tell you the weather would be crap!! Haha. Got my ticket for the away match in the ballot a couple days ago. Getting excited now.

Predicted team for tonight:

13. Anders Lindegaard
2. Rafael
6. Jonny Evans
8. Anderson
11. Ryan Giggs
14. Chicharito
18. Ashley Young
23. Tom Cleverley
24. Darren Fletcher
28. Alexander Buttner
31. Scott Wootton

Score prediction: 2-1
rossobianchi Iniciados
« Responder #18 em: 09 de Novembro de 2012, 23:30 »
Back home from Braga now, was an absolutely brilliant euro away. We went straight to Braga and spent our time there rather than Porto. Thought Braga was a really nice town, didn't come across as many local fans as we usually do on these trips but those we met were very friendly. Shame the weather on the day of the game was just like home! The Irish pub in town became home base for the travelling reds, and did a very good job of hosting us. Loud atmosphere with lots of singing in there both nights I was there.

I don't think we'll ever play at a stadium quite like that ever again, such a unique ground. Was very cool to see it in person, although i think the cliff behind the goal would've looked more impressive in daylight. That "real theatre of dreams" banner made us laugh, that was a good one. Did start to worry when the lights went out that it would be abandoned and we'd have to change travel plans and stay over for the replay ... would've liked an extra day over there actually but glad it went ahead!

Credit to the Braga police force as well for being quite relaxed with us all. They came to the pubs and told us all where we could get the special buses they put on to the stadium. They were polite doing the ticket checks and only kept us in for 15mins after. We expected the worst after being locked in the Luz for an hour, hit with batons and escorted through moving traffic in Lisbon last season but this was nothing like that. Actually Braga was a much better away trip than Benfica!

Thanks to everyone in Braga for the hospitality and making it a memorable European away, from all of us at United. I will never, ever forget standing there in the rain with all the lights off, the entire away end swaying and singing "We're Man United, we'll play in the dark!!". Brilliant! Good luck with the next two games and hopefully reaching the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League! :)
Romanus Invictus
Romanus Invictus Juniores
« Responder #19 em: 10 de Novembro de 2012, 13:55 »
Back home from Braga now, was an absolutely brilliant euro away. We went straight to Braga and spent our time there rather than Porto. Thought Braga was a really nice town, didn't come across as many local fans as we usually do on these trips but those we met were very friendly. Shame the weather on the day of the game was just like home! The Irish pub in town became home base for the travelling reds, and did a very good job of hosting us. Loud atmosphere with lots of singing in there both nights I was there.

I don't think we'll ever play at a stadium quite like that ever again, such a unique ground. Was very cool to see it in person, although i think the cliff behind the goal would've looked more impressive in daylight. That "real theatre of dreams" banner made us laugh, that was a good one. Did start to worry when the lights went out that it would be abandoned and we'd have to change travel plans and stay over for the replay ... would've liked an extra day over there actually but glad it went ahead!

Credit to the Braga police force as well for being quite relaxed with us all. They came to the pubs and told us all where we could get the special buses they put on to the stadium. They were polite doing the ticket checks and only kept us in for 15mins after. We expected the worst after being locked in the Luz for an hour, hit with batons and escorted through moving traffic in Lisbon last season but this was nothing like that. Actually Braga was a much better away trip than Benfica!

Thanks to everyone in Braga for the hospitality and making it a memorable European away, from all of us at United. I will never, ever forget standing there in the rain with all the lights off, the entire away end swaying and singing "We're Man United, we'll play in the dark!!". Brilliant! Good luck with the next two games and hopefully reaching the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League! :)

Thank you and come back to the city ;) GL for champions league and don´t forget win cluj and gala.
Bracara Avgvsta

Anuncios M